Organization and hosting of educational workshops, training and experimentation in professional fields… the Cité Maraîchère will play a key role in the dissemination of knowledge and the development of new skills.
> Spaces dedicated to pedagogy
- On the ground floor: a large modular space of 110 m2 (for training, workshops and conferences) and a 90 m2 educational greenhouse.
- On the first floor: a 36 m2 room with a direct view of the market gardening area will complete the offer of spaces accessible to the public for training, workshops or meetings.
- Outdoors: 7 open-air plots dedicated to collective and educational gardening and edible landscaping (fruit trees, berries, etc.) to allow passersby and local residents to see grow, pick and eat fruit, vegetables or aromatic herbs free of charge.
> Educational workshops for everyone
The Cité Maraîchère will organize and host many educational activities. Different levels of intervention will be arranged depending on the public: schoolchildren, the public of the various municipal services (including the Recreational Centre for Seniors, the Community Center for Social Action, the Municipal Center of Health, the early childhood service and local areas), professionals and the general public.
- Awareness-raising activities on sustainable agriculture, healthy eating, zero waste, energy and water savings.
- Educational activities for school children, the general public and professionals.
- A permanent cycle of workshops for amateur gardeners.
- Technical training for specialized audiences.
- Spaces, equipment and data made available for practical work, tutored projects, internships, research projects, etc.
- Urban walks.
> Support for the creation of training courses/modules leading to certification:
The Cité Maraîchère aims to support the creation of courses and training modules leading to certification in the new economic sector of urban agriculture. To this end, it will provide rooms and equipment for any public educational and/or research organization (schools, middle schools, high schools, universities, public institutes, etc.) and any public body.
> A complementary offer to the activities already proposed by the municipality such as:
- The Educational Action Service and the City’s Youth Information Point (PIJ) for workshops for families and young people.
- The Louise-Michel Municipal Health Center for the organization of workshops on nutrition and healthy and sustainable eating, the “Move in the City” workshops.
- The CCAS of Romainville oversees the “Ateliers Malins” (“Smart Workshops”) activities (educational activities for disadvantaged groups based on the idea of “doing it yourself”) and the retirement leisure activities of the Recreational Centre for elderly people with the “Garden Passion” club.
- The City’s Early Childhood and Childhood and Education Services for workshops for children.
- Urban agriculture programs such as “Garden of Excitement” and neighborhood composters.
- The educational gardens installed in the Maryse-Bastié, Marcel-Cachin, Gabriel-Péri, Paul-Vaillant-Couturier schools.
The City’s Romain-Rolland Media Library, located opposite the Cité Maraîchère, will host a resource center and a collection of documents on related themes.
The operation in management will facilitate collaborative work with the various departments of the City of Romainville in order to develop these activities.
> Educational, cultural and scientific events
Throughout the year, specialized events will be held for a variety of audiences, including companies that will be able to access an offer of equipped rooms and thematic content for their events.
The Cité Maraîchère will develop a range of cultural, educational and scientific events (disco soups, scientific symposia, national action events such as the European Sustainable Development
Week, Earth Day, World Environment Day, Taste Week, etc.) which will make it possible to reach different audiences accompanied by the various municipal services (students, pensioners, community center for social action, young people, etc.), but also local residents and employees, as well as all those who are curious.